Friday 2 August 2013

Travel essentials - What's in my hand luggage?

Dear readers,

I know it is the 3rd post in one day and that seems a little bit crazy but that is because tomorrow I am going on holiday and I don't know how often I will be able to update the blog, hopefully I will have plenty of time to post and keep you guys updated. 

In this post I will show you what I have in my hand luggage, this will be ideal for any travel as well as just for this flight. Hope this will help in case you are not sure what to take and what you can and cannot carry in your hand luggage when you're at the airport!




As hand luggage I am using my handbag which is from next to carry all my belongings. The bag has a lot of different handles which means I can use the one which feels the most comfortable which is important if you are going somewhere far away and will be up for a long time carrying it around!


Tip: If you are going for quite a long holiday and you are taking quite a few bags with you choose the right one as your hand luggage! Which one takes up the most space in your suitcase? Which one is the heaviest? Choose the one which you might not want to put in you suitcase because you are on a weight limit or it takes up too much space and use it as your hand luggage! (Some airlines have restrictions on the size of your hand luggage so make sure you are familiar with that before you go.)



A cosmetics bag, take some of your must have cosmetics along with you in case you need to freshen up after sleeping at the airport or on the plane. My cosmetics bag is from Superdrugs and contains Pink Friday perfume (30ml,) Maybelline FIT me powder, bronzer, MUA BB cream (30ml,) Maybelline Baby lips in Peach Kiss, Collection 2000 illuminating touch brightening concealer, Lancome Precious Cells mascara, eyelash curler, brown eyeshadow for filling in eyebrows, brush for filling in eyebrows and some bobby pins. 

Remember: The limit for liquids in your hand luggage is 100ml! If any of the things inside your hand luggage including cosmetics is over a 100ml they will take it off you or you will have to dispose of it before hand. Make sure all things such as creams, lotions, perfumes, foundations, drinks are less than 100ml, disposed of before the security gates or put in your main luggage!


I always take a few books to read on the way to/from the airport, at the airport or on the plane. If you can't sleep or you have to wait for a while (which happens a lot at airports) a book is always handy to have. I have the 3 books of the series called Diary of a crush by Sarra Manning to read this summer as well as 2 other books in my main luggage.


I carry sunglasses in my hand luggage for 3 reasons; it might actually be sunny or you would like to wear them when you get to your holiday destination, you have no time to do your eye make up as it will probably get ruined anyway, or you look extra sleepy, tired, with under eye bags and dark circles, in glasses nobody will know!


Your purse! Make sure to not forget that, inside I have already exchanged money as well as around £15 pounds for food, drinks and maybe some shops at the airport. Inside I have my passport, travel documents, and some paracetamol for unexpected pains such as headaches.



A change of clothes is always good, I am wearing quite warm clothes to the airport so I am taking spare lighter clothes as in the place I'm going to it is currently very hot. I took a dress, some sandals and a scarf to tie up my hair nicely.


Other useful things to remember:

A laptop - If you get bored easily and you might want to use it abroad.
Body spray/deodorant - Make sure it is 100ml or less!
A water bottle  and some snacks
Headphones 
Phone/ipod
Toothbrush or a mouthwash if you are on a long flight
Blanket/pillow again for long flights or sleeping

I hope this helped you to get some ideas and decide what you will put in your hand luggage.

Yours only,
Eliza
TFB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment on this post! Either by logging in to one of the accounts below or anonymously. Thank you for putting the effort into leaving a comment, it means a lot to me and I love reading every single one of them! xo